- January 3, 2023
- By: Total Construction
- in: Cooling, Dehumidification, Heating, Ventilation
Did you know that the temperature of your office can have a significant impact on your mood and productivity? According to a study by experts at Cornell University, productivity levels are highest when the temperature is 71.6 degrees Fahrenheit. In this article, we’ll explore the findings of the study and offer solutions to keep your employees comfortable and productive in the winter.
Extreme Temperatures Have a Negative Impact
The Cornell University study found that when the temperature is too hot or too cold, it can have a negative impact on our cognitive function. In fact, the research showed that for every degree above 71.6 degrees, error rates increased by 2.5%. The study also found that workers were less likely to cooperate with each other when the temperature was outside of the optimal range.
What Can I Do to Keep My Employees Comfortable?
As a business owner or manager, you want to be sure that your employees are performing to the best of their ability. So, what can you do to keep your employees comfortable and productive during the winter months? Here are a few solutions:
- Use portable heaters: Portable heaters can be placed in individual offices or common areas to help regulate temperature.
- Take advantage of natural ventilation: If possible, open interior doors to make sure that warm air is circulating efficiently.
- Use fans: Fans can help circulate air even in the winter. There are a few different types of fans to choose from, and the best type for your office will depend on the climate and layout of your space.
- HVAC rentals: If you don’t have heating in your office or you and your team are only staying in a temporary building, you can acquire an HVAC rental to keep everyone warm. HVAC rentals work by warming the air in a specific area. The unit pulls in cool air and blows out warm air, which helps to regulate the temperature in the space. If you’re looking to warm up an office or other large space, HVAC rentals are a great option.
Happy employees are productive employees. By taking these steps, you can create a comfortable working environment for your employees and help them stay productive all year long. If you’re interested in learning more about keeping your employees comfortable or you’re interested in HVAC rentals, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Total Construction Rentals today.